Business License / Occupational Tax
2024 OCCUPATIONAL TAX RENEWALS
2024 Occupational Tax Renewal forms were mailed out the week of 10/16/2023. In order to stay in compliance, you should renew by 12/31/2023.
If you do not receive your renewal form, please use the blank form below:
You may mail the renewal form in with a payment to Douglas County. If you do mail, please write a check (no counter or starter checks) or send a money order to Douglas County Courthouse, Occupational Tax, 8700 Hospital Dr., 1st Floor, Douglasville, Ga, 30134. Please print your name below your signature and include your driver license number on the check.
If you wish to come into the office to make your payment, we issue Renewals between 9:00 am to 3:45 pm and we take Visa, Mastercard, Cash, Check or Money orders.
We have notaries in our office to notarize your affidavits with the renewal form.
We do not take over the phone payments or online payments at this time.
If you are exempt, you still need to renew, by completing the renewal form and affidavit.
The Occupational Tax Department is responsible for issuing Occupational Tax Registrations for In-home and Commercial locations, better known as a business license, for the unincorporated jurisdiction of Douglas County (unincorporated meaning not located within the Cities of Austell, Douglasville or Villa Rica even if you have a mailing address/zip code of Austell, Douglasville or Villa Rica).
In addition to Occupational Tax Registrations, this office has other responsibilities:
- Alcohol Beverage Licenses - Please call 770-920-7351, Press 2 to make an appointment if you would like to obtain an Alcohol License.
- Collection of excise tax for Liquor, Beer & Wine, and Hotels
- Door-to-Door Sales Permits
- Enforcing Occupational Tax and Alcohol Ordinances, issuing citations and court summons for ordinance violations
- Issue Server Permits (to serve alcohol to customers in a restaurant or bar setting) for the following facilities. Please call to make an appointment for a server permit at 770-920-7351, Press 2. If it is a facility/location other than what is listed below or inside Douglasville, please contact the City of Douglasville at 770-920-3010 for a server permit:
- April's Southern Bistro, Fairburn Rd., Douglasville
- Acere Cigar, Thornton Road, Lithia Springs
- American Veterans (AMVETS) Post 118, Veterans Memorial Highway, Lithia Springs
- Applebee’s Restaurant 33, Thornton Road, Lithia Springs
- Blazin, Maxham Rd., Austell
- Casa Jalisco, Chapel Hill Road, Douglasville
- Cissy's, Veterans Memorial Highway, Villa Rica
- Courtyard By Marriott/Tuscany, Bob Arnold Blvd.
- Foxhall Resort, Capps Ferry Road, Douglasville
- Hilton Garden Inn, Thornton Road, Lithia Springs
- Marlene’s, Emery Circle, Austell
- Mr. PJ’s Buffalo Wings, Chapel Hill Road, Douglasville
- St. Andrews
- The Olive Tree, Thornton Road, Lithia Springs
- Twisted Taco, Maxham Road, Austell
- Passenger Carrying Vehicle Identification Badges
While maintaining the above responsibilities, it is vital for continuous education on the changing of State-mandated laws. Research is necessary to continually update the records and keep uniform with State Department of Revenue and Internal Revenue Service regulations. The Occupational Tax Department will strive to uphold the laws and regulations for our community and the public.
New Business Listings
View reports listing new businesses on a per month basis in the Archive Center
H.R. 748 House Bill
Please see House Bill H. R. 748 (PDF) (to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to repeal the excise tax on high cost employer-sponsored health coverage).