Chief of Staff
Tiffany Stewart-Stanley, Esq.
Tiffany Stewart-Stanley is the Chief of Staff/ Assistant County Administrator for Douglas County. She is an attorney who serves as the county’s official lobbyist. Tiffany is a magna cum laude graduate of Alcorn State University and the University of Mississippi School of Law. She holds a Certified Public Manager designation, a Certified Local Government Finance Officer designation, and a Grant Writing Certificate from the University of Georgia. Tiffany also holds a Project Management Professional Certificate from the University of Miami and a Certificate in Public Debt Management from Georgia State University.
Tiffany serves on the Board of Directors for the Douglas County CORE Board and as President of the National Association of County Intergovernmental Relations Officials. She is also a member of the State Bar of Georgia, the International City/County Managers Association, the Georgia City/County Managers Association, the Georgia Government Finance Officers Association, the Georgia Association of Women Lawyers, and the National Grants Management Association.
She is a 2016 graduate of Leadership Douglas and Georgia Forward’s Young Gamechanger Leadership Program, a 2017 graduate of the Atlanta Regional Commission's Regional Leadership Institute and a 2019 graduate of the National Association of Counties High Performance Leadership Academy. In 2017, Tiffany was named the Douglas County Young Professional of the Year by the Douglas County Chamber of Commerce and was also honored by Who’s Who in Black Atlanta.
In 2018, she was selected by Georgia Trend Magazine as one of Georgia’s best and brightest rising stars on their 40 under 40 list and she was also honored in 2019 by the Georgia Women’s Legislative Caucus with the Nikki T. Randall Servant Leadership Award. Tiffany was recognized as an Outstanding Georgia Citizen by the Georgia Secretary of State in 2019 and was honored in 2020 with House Resolution 1426 by the Georgia House of Representatives. She was awarded the Douglas County Community Services Board Community Leadership Award in 2021 and is also a graduate of the Leadership Georgia Class of 2022.
Chief of Staff Responsibilities Include:
- Assists with day-to-day management of county operations.
- Oversees the external operations including direct oversight over the Communications, Constituent Services, Elections, Juvenile Programs, Library Services, Parks & Recreations, Senior Services, and UGA Extension Services Departments.
- Serves as the liaison for the county government with the public, elected officials, community organizations, regional partners, and other governmental organizations.
- Oversees strategic planning, policy development, and organizational performance management.
- Provides direction over the county’s intergovernmental affairs.
Mrs. Stewart-Stanley can be reached via email and phone.